Expose all services for search widget

Jump to solution
06-24-2016 08:40 AM
EmersonChew2
New Contributor II

I'm new to this forum so I hope my post follows the proper guidelines.  I'm also new to web app builder development so if the post is confusing I can try to clarify further if needed.

I have been tasked with framing up a "Layer Search" Widget for one of our web mapping applications.  Currently, we have roughly 1,000 layers in the layer list widget and navigating to those layers can be quite cumbersome for most of our users. To that end, I'm researching a method to allow a search against all of the layers in our layer list widget and then pushing  these to a pop-up panel.  From there, the user could select one of the layers in the pop up and the corresponding layer in the layer list would be drilled into and opened.

First and foremost, is there even a method that allows one to use a contains operator against the entire web map and second, once that information is retrieved is it possible to be received inside the layer list widget?

I'm still in the framing stage so any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.  I'm just trying to determine the best point of entry--is it using the search widget base and push to layer list or enter the map via the layer list widget itself...again, sorry if this is doesn't pertain to this group.  If I need to take to another forum please let me know

Cheers.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Emerson,

Here is a customized Layer List widget for 2.0.1 WAB that has a filter box that when you type something and click filter it will select the layer title that contains the typed word and expand that node in the Layer List:

View solution in original post

25 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Emerson,

Here is a customized Layer List widget for 2.0.1 WAB that has a filter box that when you type something and click filter it will select the layer title that contains the typed word and expand that node in the Layer List:

deleted-user-CQZbjNeBXm49
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Robert,

Thanks to you i have been able to help my colleagues do a lot using "Web Applications" i have created. Testing this "LayerList" you attached, after adding it into one of my Web App, it came up greyed out, what could cause this please?

Regards

Baba

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Baba,

What do you mean by greyed out? Can you attach a screenshot?

0 Kudos

Greyed out LayerList.PNGRobert Scheitlin, GISP

Yes it is greyed out as i cannot seem to type in anything in the "Textbox"

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Hi Robert Scheitlin, GISP

About the greyed out "filter Box", seems it only works with feature layers rather than Mapservers, is there another way to make it work for a mapserver service?

Baba

0 Kudos
EmersonChew
New Contributor III

Baba,

In my testing it works with dynamic map services as well as feature services.

It looks to be something in the filter function regarding the way map services are ordered in the layerInfo class.

layerInfo.title looks to return values for the feature services but I suspect another level down would be required for map services.

I’m still looking as to the best way to hit both the layerInfo.title and the node below or above for map services.

BrianGallegos
New Contributor III

Emerson,

I have the same issue with the filter button being grey/inactive.  Did you ever resolve this?

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
EmersonChew2
New Contributor II

Thanks so much Robert!  I was able to add the widget with relative ease and we are in the process of testing now.

Again, thanks so much I really appreciate the help!

0 Kudos
KellyNitzman
New Contributor II

Do you have any plans to update this for WAB v2.3?

I am having the same issue as others before with the grey/inactive filter not working.  Kinda don't want to revert back to an older version if I can help it.

So glad someone made this though!  I have been looking for this for awhile!

0 Kudos