Has anybody had latency issues with Spatial Views in Server?

06-22-2016 10:11 AM
andrewj_ca
Occasional Contributor II

We've been experiencing performance issues with spatial views within our Server environment.  This is new since our upgrade to 10.3.1.  Any ideas?  Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ChristianWells
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Andrew,

What version did you upgrade from? Were your spatial views previously registered with the geodatabase or is this a stand-alone instance?

Spatial views (Query Layers) do have additional overhead when compared to feature classes or tables.

0 Kudos
andrewj_ca

I migrated from 10.0 to 10.3.1, that being said, I didn't migrate the views, I recreated them post migration.

0 Kudos
ChristianWells
Esri Regular Contributor

It sounds like you would have had them registered at 10.0 using either the sdelayer -o register or sdetable -o create view. Does that sound familiar? If so, that might explain the performance hit you are seeing at 10.3.1 with views after recreating them.

To address the performance you may want to consider using the SDE 10.2.2 command line tools to register your views at 10.3.1.

0 Kudos
andrewj_ca

Thanks for your response Christian.  Turns out that the issue was within the MXD itself.  Legacy MXD didn't know about "Query Layers".  Once I added the views back in to the MXD as Query layers everything was right in the world again.

Cheers

0 Kudos