Problems with Vector Tiles in Chrome

06-16-2016 09:28 AM
JeffreySchmidt3000
New Contributor III

I have noticed that Vector Tiles do not behave as expected in Google Chrome.  I have the most up to date version of Chrome.  Tiles will appear blocky or expand past their boundaries causing polygon colors to overlap portions of a map.  This occurs in the Sample Code sections of both 3.16 and 4.0 APIs.  I do not see this same issue in Edge, FireFox and IE. 

Is this a known issue with Chrome?  It appears to behave in Chrome on iOS.  

3 Replies
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor

Based on your screenshot, it looks more like a (common) hardware issue. Though it is a bit strange if it differ between browsers (I assume you tested on the same machine).

"Vector tile layers have the best performance on machines with newer hardware."

VectorTileLayer | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.0

DavidChrest
Occasional Contributor II

Is your PC several years old? On an older PC in a meeting room my Vector Tiles were completely wacked with parallel stripes. So I remote accessed my newer PC and they then looked fine.

0 Kudos
BrianFausel
Occasional Contributor III

I have seen a somewhat similar problem while testing vector tiles.  The tiles disappear at certain zoom levels - see attached zoning map image where there are large blank gaps.  Vector tiles published via Pro 1.3.1.

In our case, the problem is evident on 3 browsers (Chrome, Firefox and IE 11) and on different PCs.  Our PCs are anywhere from 2-4 years old (Win7, Dell, Intel Xeon 3.6GHz, 16GB RAM).  I have not determined if it is a data problem, but at other zoom levels the tiles display fine.

0 Kudos