Why are "no surveys available" when I try to create a Photo Survey?

06-14-2016 09:20 AM
CraigCarsley
Occasional Contributor II

I've gone through the documented steps for Photo Survey in the ArcGIS for Local Government solutions page- twice.

Both times I've tried (with completely different sets of photos), I've seen the message "There are no surveys available at this time; thank you for your participation." displayed on the front page.

I don't seem to have any option to proceed on the app another way.  I can't figure out why I'm not seeing a survey.

Has anyone else had trouble with this? Anyone solved it?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
ChrisBuscaglia
Esri Contributor

Hello Craig -

Have you shared your webmap?

Chris

0 Kudos
CraigCarsley

Hi Chris,

Yes, and I've actually got it working.  It had to do with the way I configured the pop-up.  I'm not sure what the specific problem was, but it's now working.

I was mislead by the message that no surveys were available, so I might suggest adding that as a Note in the instructions for setting up the app, since I know this has caused a problem for others.

0 Kudos
ChrisBuscaglia
Esri Contributor

Thanks Craig, appreciate the feedback and glad you got it working.

Private message me with the app URL, would like to see it!

Chris

0 Kudos
CraigCarsley

I can't figure out how to send a private message on geonet.  However, I would like to have your advice on a subsequent issue with the app.  After I got it working with the defaults, I tried it with some minor custimizations (splash image, new .ini file, etc.) and now it won't take submissions.  I don't get an error, it just doesn't do anything.  Any thoughts?  Here's the app: dogis.org/bikesigns

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ChrisBuscaglia
Esri Contributor

Craig -

It appears that you're experiencing and issue that has been addressed with the June release of the Photo Survey app.

The data has a field called "path" that is populated, please calculate this field in your webmap to '' to clear it out.

Chris

0 Kudos
CraigCarsley

That was it! I need to download the new app. Thanks!

0 Kudos
ChrisBuscaglia
Esri Contributor

Great, glad it worked.

Here's what we did for June:

• An update to the Photo Survey application to support additional response types: drop-down menus, number inputs and text inputs.
  • An enhancement to the Photo Survey application to allow for displaying images associated with questions on the survey panel.
  • An update to the Photo Survey application to optionally display an overview map.
  • A series of photo processing fixes and enhancements, as well as a new point-based processing method have been added to the Photo Survey toolbox.
  • A Wildlife Survey question file is now provided with the Photo Survey toolbox.
AprilChipman
Occasional Contributor III

I am having the same problem, even with the latest Photo Survey application downloaded.

Craig, what did you do with your pop-up configuration to fix the issue?

Chris, I don't see a "path" field in my data table.

0 Kudos
ChrisBuscaglia
Esri Contributor

Hello April,

The path issue has since been addressed.

1. Are you using the load photos tool included with the solution?

2. Has the webmap been shared?

3. Have any surveys been completed - or are you just starting (when surveys are completely filled, no surveys are available).

4. Did you copy/paste the access and use constraints from the help (there is one known issue will be addressed this week with a new release).

Thanks

Chris

Local Gov't Solutions

0 Kudos