Is there anyway to have a thumbnail of an image attachment show up in the popup?

06-13-2016 11:14 AM
JoanneLogan1
New Contributor II

I used the "convert geotagged photos to points" tool in Desktop to create a feature class of garden objects with a photo of each one. Worked great. Then I created a feature service on AGO, and the images were uploaded to the cloud as attachments. Worked great. However, I cannot figure out how to get the attachment to show up in the popup any other way than a link. I would like a thumbnail of each photo that the use can then click to get the larger image. My workaround has been to add a "PhotoURL" field in the table, and paste the URL of each attachment, one at a time. Then I can use use this field in the popup configuration. Very time consuming. Any suggestions?

Popup with link to attachment:

What I would like to see:

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Joanne,

The current pop up configuration supports links for attachments as opposed to embedded images.

As a workaround check out this great blog Show Attachments in Web Map Popup

Also, please support the following idea on the ideas space https://community.esri.com/ideas/9669

-Kelly

JoanneLogan1
New Contributor II

Dear Kelly,

I can't figure out what to do with the GP tools (Python and Toolbox) in the zipped file?????

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

It looks like this was resolved in the ideas discussion:

Veronica Anderson​ mentioned to run the tool in ArcGIS for Desktop after it has been downloaded

0 Kudos
DerrickWestoby1
New Contributor III

Kelly, how is it that you've been answering this common questions for YEARS with the exact same text and link, but ESRI has not implemented improvements to this?  

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Hi Derrick,

Thanks for reaching out. This is feedback that we receive and are actively working on. There are unfortunately some technical limitations with the current map viewer code which will require a full migration. We plan to include this functionality in the next version of Map Viewer which is targeted for release in 2019.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
aam
by
Occasional Contributor

Its 2019, do we have the solution for this? I have some attachments that I would like to show as thumbnails.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

This is available now in Map Viewer Beta and some of the configurable apps built with 4X Javascript API.

0 Kudos