Remove or edit linked pins

06-10-2016 06:47 PM
CelesteDerozier
New Contributor II

when I pin a place name in the main screen, and then need to edit its location, the old pin stays in place an a new one appears. When I "view" the map only one shows, but in Edit mode they all show. Help?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Celeste,

Can you post a link to your story map? What story map are you using?

Have you tried refreshing your browser and/or logging out/in of your account to see if this frees up your phantom pins?

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Celeste

Could you make it a bit clearer what program, app or website you are using, and exactly what you are trying to do in it. There's not really much for us to go on from what you posted. TLI (too little information)

Rupert

0 Kudos
CelesteDerozier
New Contributor II

Thank you for the reply! I am using Esri Story Map Journal. I am making a map of areas in Mongolia that are part of a tour I am leading. I had to adjust the location of the pins to specific sites, and both the old and new locations show up. However, it appears that when I go in to Preview only the current pin shows, making this confusing as I go along to add and edit. The map is not public as it is far from complete. As seen below - only three of these pins are correct, but the others still appear in Edit mode. They are linked to the underlined text in the side panel to appear as pins in the main panel (map). There must be a way to actually remove them - I tried removing the links and retyping all of the text and the old pins still show up. Any tips are appreciated!

snippedmap.JPG

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Celeste,

Is this a webmap that is embedded into your Map Journal? Have you tried editing the web map straight from ArcGIS Online versus editing through the Map Journal?

0 Kudos
CelesteDerozier
New Contributor II

Hi,

I only have the free account for MapJournal, and yes it is a map embedded.

Thanks for your help...I will keep playing with it, and since it doesn't

seem to appear on the final product I will just "deal" with it for now!

Celeste Derozier, Owner

Your Intrepid LIfe <http://www.yourintrepidlife.com>

608-217-4209

"It's never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

0 Kudos