AnsweredAssumed Answered

geoprocessing service analysis/publish errors, trying to copy "data" that isn't needed

Question asked by cbgthor624 on Jun 9, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 13, 2016 by cbgthor624

I am attempting to publish a geoprocessing tool (referenced as "Delineate Core" below) from ArcGIS Desktop 10.4.1 to ArcGIS Server 10.3 (for Windows) using the workflow described in the documentation, and am running into some rather bizarre errors when analyzing the service that are keeping it from publishing. They are as follows:

SEVERITYSTATUSCODEDESCRIPTIONNAMETYPEDATA FRAME
Error-HighUnresolved178Data: C:\Windows\bfsvc.exe, used by Script Delineate Core cannot be copied to the serverdelineateToolUnknown
Warning-HighUnresolved24032Data source used by Script Delineate Core is not registered with the server and will be copied to the server: C:\dev\nulldelineateToolUnknown
Warning-HighUnresolved24032Data source used by Script Delineate Core is not registered with the server and will be copied to the server: C:\delineateToolUnknown

I'm at a bit of a loss. bfsvc.exe is a system executable (note that it is the first encountered alphabetically in the Windows install directory). I don't have a "C:\dev\null" directory. And I'm not sure why it would be looking to copy my entire "C:\" drive. None of these things are referenced in my geoprocessing tool.

The analysis process also takes about 15 minutes to run, which makes me think that something in either my script or the way that I'm publishing the service is causing the Analyze process to look all over the place for...what? I don't know.

A rundown of my geoprocessing tool:

• The geoprocessing tool is a python script tool in an arctoolbox.
  • The script doesn't have any third-party python modules dependencies, only arcpy and a few modules from the standard library.
  • All 7 inputs are parameters (i.e., using arcpy.GetParameterAsText(n)); none are hard-coded file paths, and the script contains no hard-coded file paths.
  • When I publish the tool, I set 5 of the inputs as constants, as the data comes from a file geodatabase (which is also registered with the ArcGIS Server).
  • There are 2 output parameters: one is a string, and one is a json file. Output parameters are set using arcpy.SetParameterAsText(n).
  • The arctoolbox and python script live in the same folder as the registered file geodatabase mentioned above: "c:\ags".

I attempted a publication workflow with the tool located on my "D:\" drive. I didn't get error code 178, but still got references to a non-existent "D:\dev\null" location and the entire "D:\" drive, similar to the table above. I gave publishing a go in that case (why not, since no errors where holding it back), but the it hung up.

Where do I continue troubleshooting?

Many thanks in advance,

Christian

Outcomes