Batch Watershed Delineation for Polygons - error

06-06-2016 01:32 AM
KarolinaKorzeniowska
Occasional Contributor

I would like to delineate watershed for polygons which represent lakes. However, I received an error which is attached below. From the information which I found in the forum I should change in my attribute table values -1 to 0. I did this; however, it did not change anything, I am still occurring the same error. Is there some way to solve this error? Or maybe another approach which can be used to delineate watershed for polygons? Thank you in advance for help.

ArcHydro_error.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

What link made reference to that procedure?

0 Kudos
KarolinaKorzeniowska
Occasional Contributor

What do you mean? I am sorry, but I did not understand the question.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You made a statement ... From the information which I found in the forum I should change in my attribute table values -1 to 0. ......

What was the link or links on the forum that you found stating this.

0 Kudos
KarolinaKorzeniowska
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Thought so.  The solution didn't work for the original poster of the question and they provided a manual workaround that worked for them.  Also the referenced documentation was from 2009, it might be best to consult a more recent version of the documentation to ensure that pre-processing is done properly (ie filling sinks etc).

0 Kudos
KarolinaKorzeniowska
Occasional Contributor

I did the pre-processing of my data twice: once using Spatial Analyst Tools > hydrology, and second time by using tools available in ArcHydro. I still have the same error.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

That error message, and variants, come up a lot with ArcHydro... see this thread Error in DEM Reconditioning in Arc hydro 10

a recommendation there is to look for an 'archydro problem solver' thread and to move any files off of servers to local machines.

I will flag  Arc Hydro​ to see if anyone there can provide some guidance

0 Kudos