AnsweredAssumed Answered

No MSD file found in package

Question asked by ChristinaElaine on Jun 1, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 1, 2016 by ChristinaElaine

I created a geoprocessing package from the Feature Class to Geodatabase tool using ArcMap 10.3.1. I checked the Support ArcGIS Runtime box in the Share As Geoprocessing Package dialog. I've done this for at least a dozen other tools without issue. This one is listed in the supported list here, so I don't know why it isn't working: Local Server geoprocessing tools support—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET | ArcGIS for Developers

When I start the job using await LocalGeoprocessingService.StartAsync(definition.Path, GeoprocessingServiceType.SubmitJobWithMapServerResult, 10000);

I get the following error: Error code '500' : 'Failed to create service featureclasstogdb GPServer. No MSD file found in package. Cannot create a GP MapServer.'

What else causes this error other than forgetting to check the Runtime support box?

(I did try running with SubmitJob without the server result, which at least succeeds in the StartAsync call, but then the tool fails with no error information after actually submitting the job.)

Outcomes