WAB 2.0 : Widget Updates / Customizations Are Being Lost

05-27-2016 01:43 PM
BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III

I'm using the eSearch widget by Robert Scheitlin, GISP​ and started noticing issues yesterday.

Basically, I have performed some customizations ( eSearch Related : Custom Query for Current Month​ ) and updated the widget and now I am noticing that nothing is working. Only to discover ALL of my customizations have been overwritten in the STEMAPP folder. Which propagated down through to my apps.

I'm stumped. Flustered. Really angry.

Not sure what is happening here but all of my custom code is gone... I'm getting issues where the widget is being duplicated in my 'Add New Widget' window. It's quite frustrating and I'm hoping that rather than just fix it... if someone can tell me what might have gone wrong? I would like to avoid this if possible. Ever again.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

This kind of happened to me the other day too. I am not sure if I changed themes or what I did exactly.

I think maybe when you save after changing certain settings, the webapp refreshes. This refresh seems to reload your widgets from the SITEMAP folder.

I had custom code rewritten with out of the box code.

Maybe it is something added to 2.0

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brain,

Here is what I can explain (not sure if this is your situation or not). When you add a widget to an app(for the first time) the widget is copied from the stemapp widgets folder into the apps widgets folder and this is where I make all my widget edits (in the apps widgets folder). Then (if I remember) I copy my edits back to the stemapp widgets folder. I f you using a theme like the default foldable theme and add the widget to the on screen widget pool then change the theme to launchpad then you will not see the widget anymore as launchpad theme store onscreen widgets the same way, so you will have to add the widget again to the anchorbar controller or one of the on screen widget placeholders. Doing this will end up deleting your widget that you added to the foldable themes on screen widget place holder. So always save your edits to your widgets (by copying them back to the stemapp folder) before you change themes. Now to my knowledge NOTHING should ever overwrite your stemapp widgets folder or any widgets in that folder.

Let me know if I missed something or you have any more questions.