AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is anyone using Nimble Storage Adaptive Flash Arrays for their ArcGIS Platform?

Question asked by brcgis on May 26, 2016
Latest reply on May 31, 2016 by brcgis

Hi Everyone,

We are currently in the process of rebuilding our virtual ArcGIS Servers on a Nimble Storage Adaptive Flash Array and I am seeing random performance problems.  At this stage our SQLServer has been migrated to this storage and we have seen a decline in performance, and when comparing rendering times of imagery between the new and the old infrastructure there is an initial massive performance hit.

I know that there are lots and lots of other underlying networking hardware and OS configuration issues that could also be contributing to the issue, but at this stage I am just looking to track down any other ArcGIS Server users that are running ArcGIS Server on a Nimble so that we can start to get an idea if there any other factors that could be causing the performance issues or whether the Nimble isn't capable of handling this type of use case.

Also, as of this afternoon I am on leave for a few weeks so if any comments are left, it will be a few weeks before I can come back with any additional info etc.

Regards

Steve

Outcomes