web appbuilder - pop-up setting won't saved

05-20-2016 06:49 AM
helenchu
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

I go to Layer List setting to disable pop-up for some of my layers, save it but the setting won't stay.  Every time I refresh the map, default setting is back.  Am I missing something ?  Where should I configure the pop-up to make it permanent ?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
18 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Helen,

In the LayerList widget when you choose to disable the popup for a layer that is only for that session of the app. If you want the popup to be disable all the time then you need to edit the web map on AGOL and disable the popup there then every time you re-load the app the popup will be disabled.

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Helen,

Don't forget to mark this thread as answered.

0 Kudos
helenchu

Hi Robert,

Is there a way I could put Edit option on your esearch pop-up window?  What I'm trying to achieve is users click on a record from querried table grid to zoom to that point with popup window and have the option to edit right on that pop-up.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Helen,

Sure this likely could be done, but this would involve lots of code that I have no example for as I have never had this workflow need. I would also require a editable feature service of course.

helenchu

Yes I have editable feature service.  Since the edit option is available on the feature table grid, I was hoping it's not that complicated to hijack the code from there and put to your popup.  Silly me! 🙂 I'm a new bee in this.

Is it easier or possible that a double click on easearch result grid triggers the feature pop-up (which edit option is already on it) instead of esearch pop-up ?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Helen,

I am not sure, I have never tried. So you are saying that if you just click a feature on the map then the popup allows you to edit the feature? I am unaware of this being a capability currently...

0 Kudos
helenchu

Yes, you just click a feature on the map, the popup allows you to edit feature but my problem is I have stacked accounts on 1 feature point so I have to use table grid to edit the account I want.  Attached are screenshots of popups of feature table popup and eSearch popup when I double click on a record.featureTable_popup.PNGeSearch_popup.PNG

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Helen,

Hmm... Sorry you are venturing into an area I have not had to travel. The new eSearch 2.0.1.4 allows for showing the web maps popups but I am not sure that this will mean you still get the edit link or not.

helenchu

Thanks Robert.  I just downloaded the new eSearch 2.0.1.4.  Replaced the old one with it.  Ran startup.bat again, but I do not see the

Use Popup from ......

option

Do I miss any step ?

Thanks

0 Kudos