Creating a work order from Collector Data

05-18-2016 05:14 AM
KerriRasmussen1
New Contributor

Is there a way to create work orders from Collector Data. For example, during a meter inspection there is a need for repair. If a specific field or fields are populated that would trigger a work order/report for that repair. Is this something that I would need to create on the back end within SQL or is there another way?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
WesMiller
Regular Contributor III

I haven't used this product yet. It's not automatic but your field person could use it to create work orders. What is Workflow Manager?—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Kerri,

Look at this:

Workforce for ArcGIS

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kerri,

Yes, you can create work orders from Collector data.  One way to handle this is through the use of Python; we've published a set of scripts that show how to create new assignments in Workforce for ArcGIS.

GitHub - Esri/workforce-scripts: A set of scripts to help administer Workforce projects.

I'd recommend having a QA/QC step where you can ensure that the field worker has entered all the correct information to trigger a work order or assignment to be created and that you check for duplicate records.

Craig

KevinRobert1
New Contributor III

Hi Craig,

There are many scripts on that page but more specifically which script allows you to create assignment (work orders) from collector data?

Workflow: Person in the field using collector changes status of priority to "1", then a work order is created in workforce.

Thanks.