ArcGIS for Autocad issues connecting to Server

05-17-2016 01:30 PM
GrantHerbert
Occasional Contributor II

I am trying to test the ArcGIS for AutoCAD functionality, using AutoCAD 2014 and the ArcGIS for AutoCAD 350 build.

I am having difficulty connecting to my ArcGIS servers in the Add Service area, and wonder if 10.4 is supported?

I am testing with two server instances (10.3 and 10.4), which have a mix of secured and unsecured services. The servers are available via a web adaptor. Using the Add Service button I try to configure a new server connection.

1. Using the web adaptor url to 10.4 with a valid user credential apparently succeeds, but does not show any services.
  2. Using the web adaptor url to 10.4 without user credentials apparently succeeds, but does not show any services.
  3. If I try to connect to 10.3 with a user credential, it tells me "The remote server returned an error: (405) Method Not Allowed".
  4. Using the web adaptor url to 10.3 without user credentials was reporting an error "Error connecting to the server".  It appeared to be getting stuck reading a particular service, if I stop that service it connects.

I am also looking for the ArcGIS for AutoCAD 300 SP1 download, but am unable to find it.

Tags (1)
4 Replies
ChrisBerryman1
New Contributor II

Have you gotten this to work?  We are trying as well with AutoCAD Civil 3D 2016 and Server 10.3.1.  We also get the 405 error upon trying to access secured services.

DonKuehne
Esri Contributor

Accessing 10.3.1 and 10.4 Secure servers with ArcGIS for AutoCAD is a known issue that has resolved in the next release ArcGIS for AutoCAD 355, due to be made available this summer (2016) hopefully before the end of July or shortly after.

MichaelGilham
New Contributor

Hi Don,

Is it possible to get on a list to be made aware when the updated version of ArcGIS for AutoCAD 355 is released?

We have a 10.3 database and the lack of connectivity from AutoCAD is causing a workflow issue that we'd like to resolve as soon as the fix is available.

Thanks,

Michael

MichaelAugust
Occasional Contributor III

Has this been resolved - I'm getting 500 error with 370 version...?

0 Kudos