Local Government Scene, LOD2Buildings task error.

05-18-2016 06:51 AM
MeganWirth
Occasional Contributor

Trying to run the task for LOD2Buildings. I have created all the surfaces DEM, DSM, and nDSM following the first set of tasks. Now when i run the Roof-Form Extraction process I receive the following error.

Figured i would check here and see if anyone else ran into this problem before i reach out to esri. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Does any of your buildings fall outside your dem?

I was getting an error because of that.

0 Kudos
MeganWirth
Occasional Contributor

I created a test area and clipped the building footprints to that AOI so some of the buildings would actually intersect the dem.

0 Kudos
DanielHedges
New Contributor III

Hi Ryan,

Is this still an issue for you? Have you tried downloading the most recent Local Gov template to see if this problem persists?

If so, please share some sample data so we can try to reproduce on our end. I have not seen this issue before.

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
KlemensPürmayr
New Contributor II

Hello,

I ran the 'Extract the roof forms of buildings' task on my arcgis pro 2.0 with a test licence for 3D Analyst and Spatial Analyst and got this Report (see below).

DTM is calculated from classified LIDAR data (ground Points).

DSM is calculated from a shape file (Surface model) which was transformed with lastools - 'shp2las' into LAS

the routine worked quiet well with the esri tutorial data from Portland.

extract roof form - failure report

Does anyone has a solution für the Problem?

I'm looking forward to your replies

thanks, klemens

0 Kudos
DanielHedges
New Contributor III

Hello Klemens,

My fist thought is that this process does not support using commas as decimal points. Please try using a period instead for your input parameters, and see if the issue persists.

Thanks,

Dan

KlemensPürmayr
New Contributor II

Hello Dan,

thank you! I already found out, that it won't work with a comma.

klemens

0 Kudos
DanielHedges
New Contributor III

Klemens,

Good to hear you got it working. I hope this problem didn't take too much of your time!

Dan

0 Kudos
KlemensPürmayr
New Contributor II

hello dan,

it only took me hours this won't happen again! but extrusions of buildings are very easy and simple to creat

klemens

0 Kudos