eSearch Widget - Spatial Search

05-18-2016 01:53 AM
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

I wonder if I get it right how the spatial search is supposed to work.

- I performed a value search looking for trade centers named Gitega.

- I know that there is a parcel in about 1 km distance from this trade center:

But when I perform a spatial search with these settings:

-> I get no results when using the first two buffer options.

-> I get a result of 14 parcels with the last buffer option but not the one I expected:

So I wonder at which point I have a misunderstanding of the spatial search function. The app is in "work" mode available on http://www.nicoleueberschaer.de/minagri/   if you want to try it yourself.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nicole,

Which spatial search button are you clicking? And are you choosing Buffer or Selection when the "Do you want to use the Buffer Graphics or the Selection Graphics?" message comes up?

0 Kudos
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

Hm, the way I did it until now didn't show a message. Only when I activate the buffer option in the shape search I get it.

I used the value search, typed in the name, pressed the search button, went to spatial search, chose the parcels as search entities layer and clicked then "intersected by" search button. -> no Result

When I do a shape search on the same market (with a circle) and check the option Buffer Graphic 1 km and then go to spatial search, define a 2.5 km search distance and click again the "intersected by" search button I get the message. When I then click the buffer I get the expected parcel, when I click selection then I get no Result again. At this point I would have expected that the search distance is added to the before defined buffer when I click the buffer button.

Did I get something wrong?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nicole,

You have to click the buffer button to get the widget to buffer the by value results then click the "intersected by"

Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

Oh my! This button is well hidden! Thanks Robert!

0 Kudos