My Webmap loads in arcgis sample box but it doesn't work when I transfer the code anywhere else!

05-16-2016 09:21 AM
AntoinePerron
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I,m pretty new to all of this. I am trying to export my html code to a website I am building from a GoDaddy template. (like a third-party application within the website). I found the perfect sample code in the Arcgis API for javaScript. I change the webmap ID to my webmap from Arcgis Online. But when I tried to download the code locally or export it to the website I am trying to build nothing seems to work!

I know there is something I am missing here but I can't figure what it is... Please Help!!

This is the sample code I am trying to use ArcGIS API for JavaScript Sandbox

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Antoine,

Make sure that you download the source code and not just copy it from the sandbox:

Click the link below to download. This sample uses a custom css file that you will not have on your system unless you download the source code and deploy it to your web server.

http://www.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/content/items/a24ab8c9058245b187c939deac35deb9/data

AntoinePerron
New Contributor

How can i integrate the css code, after i download it? Do I just copy it in a <style> bracket in the html page code?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

If you look at the code there is already a line in the html for this:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/layout.css">

That means you just need the css folder at the same folder level as your html code.