AnsweredAssumed Answered

Any ideas for a check to find gaps in address ranges for connected road segments?

Question asked by jroebothamesri-ca-esridist Employee on May 16, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 18, 2019 by rtruong

Hi All. I'm looking for gaps in address ranges between two connected line segments. what I''m looking to accomplish is something along the lines of what the geometry on geometry check could ALMOST do, if it allowed me to do any calculations to the attributes I'm comparing

for example: I have two line segments that touch. each line segment has two long integer fields 'first right house' and 'last right house' that store the numeric part of the first and last addresses for that segment.

the check I want to create would be something like: for any touching lines, is the last house in segment 1 < (first house in segment 2 - 2). This would tell me if theres a gap in the address numbers of  more than 2 digits.

the geometry on geometry check allows me to compare attributes for touching lines, but not compare one attribute against another attribute value - 2.

I don't see this in the Data Reviewer for addresses batch checks available under the Local Government material.

Anyone have any ideas of a check I could use to accomplish this?

Outcomes