Flow of eSearch widget

05-17-2016 12:16 AM
NaveenKumarKairamkonda
New Contributor II

Can anyone please help in understanding the whole flow of eSearch widget. provide some guidelines or a link to get the flow.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

NaveenKumar,

Not sure what you mean by flow? Have you looked at the widgets help doc?

Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | Help - Enhanced Search widget

NaveenKumarKairamkonda
New Contributor II

I mean the flow of execution of eSearch Widget. in By value(tabNode, )when user clicks on search ---> based on that query it will show the results in results(tabNode), and when user clicks on particular resulted item it will show a pop-up window. And I need to add a confirm button in that pop-up window. If he confirms, the resulted item data(fields) should save in the feature server along with a generated reference id.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Naveem,

The eSearch is a complex widget with many code paths and customizable features which make the code even more complex. The Widget.js is over 2800 lines of code, it would not be practical from me to explain the flow of the widget, but the basics are:

When the user does a "by value" search the search button is clicked and the onSearch function is called. The onSearch method calls the search function which calls the _onSearchFinish function, which calls the _drawResults function.