Feature Release Information

05-16-2016 12:22 PM
JanaMartin
New Contributor III

I'm looking to find the road map for the next set of releases or the direction of ArcPro. Where can i find, at least the details of 1.3?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I have never seen esri lay out a road map for upcoming versions.  It would like making promises that may have to be broken (ie the premature of the scipy stack a while ago).

This is what you can get What's new in ArcGIS Pro 1.2—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop

and it is 100% correct.  You can check the arcgis ideas site to see what might be coming (under consideration).  or the UC (soon) is supposedly a good rumour mill.  I would love it if they did...but I don't think we ever will

0 Kudos
JanaMartin
New Contributor III

Why would a company want to make commitments? It would be great to see the direction they are going with Pro; especially when groups are evaluating if they should invest the time to switch away from ArcDesktop.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Well I hate to be the bearer of no news, but alas the question has not garnered further answers.  Perhaps there may be some hints or similar views on Esri Arcgis Ideas | Ideas Submission Portal

As for switching away from desktop, I am sure that decision has already been made already.  The transition will be more gradual than it was when the change from arcview 3.x to arcgis was made some years ago.  Remember, Pro is not a separate entity, you can only get it with desktop and the path is parallel.  I would look at this juncture as being given the opportunity to learn how to do something without having to pay for the courses.  There are a number of blog posts on resources for learning ArcGIS Pro to facilitate the process (me included) and I am sure this will continue over time.  Good luck

0 Kudos
JanaMartin
New Contributor III

Thank you so much for your feedback.

I'm encouraged by the direction that has been taken with the SDKs. We will see what happens.

0 Kudos