select a shape on the map to highlight while continue working

Jump to solution
05-16-2016 10:16 AM
SvivaManager
Occasional Contributor II

Hello, I've tried to see if this was asked before and couldn't find anything related to te portal.

I need to enable users to highlight a specific polygon or a point in a layer, like it does when the search widget finds results for example. The map stab option is not good enough since it disappears when you close the pop-up window.

After opening the app with a query paramers, it pretty much does exactly what I need (marks the shape in black), only that it cannot be cleaned and the user doesn't get to change it.

So I guess I'm asking if there's a "selection" widget out there

Anyone knows a simple solution that might works?

Thanks,

Shay.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Shay,

I am not sure I am following 100% but the custom widget eSearch allows for searching based on URL parameters and LOTs of other features.

Enhanced Search Widget Version 2.0.1.3 - 5/12/16

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Shay,

I am not sure I am following 100% but the custom widget eSearch allows for searching based on URL parameters and LOTs of other features.

Enhanced Search Widget Version 2.0.1.3 - 5/12/16

SvivaManager

Thanks I'll give it a go

0 Kudos
SvivaManager

Thank you Robert!! Amazing! The option to add the serrch result as a layer solves it completely!  Beautiful work

I see it includes the option to buffer as well. Excellent widget! Thanks again

0 Kudos
SvivaManager

Update: I've just tried the lovely Identify widget by Robert Scheitlin, GISP​ which does almost exactly that, only that the widget window must stay opened,  the selection is cleared when closed. When trying to continue working with other widgets it gets messy and clear results

0 Kudos