How to get rid of the numbers associated with each picture in a story map tour?

05-16-2016 02:52 PM
EninnaLuli1
New Contributor III

I want to create a story map and the layout of the story map tour is the most ideal for me (especially since I want to add pictures to each location). However, I do not like the fact that there are numbers associated with each picture because my pictures will not have an order.

How can I get rid of the numbers?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

according to help, it is similar to popups and there is a default, which you need to remove all text from

Configure pop-ups—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

1. Follow the first six steps in the Configure pop-up section to open the Configure Pop-Up pane for the layer you want to configure.
  2. Click Add and choose Image.
  3. Enter a title for the image. By default, the primary field is displayed.
    1. Click  [+] and select a field value from your data. Use this option if you want a unique title for each feature in your data.
    2. Optionally enter static text instead of or in addition to your field value.
    3. If you don't want a title with your image, delete any text that appears in the field so the field is blank.
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Eninna,

The numbers are always there in the current version of Map Tour hosted on ArcGIS Online. If you download the app from GitHub and host it yourself you could customize the app and provide unnumbered icons.

We are planning to update Map Tour later this year with one or more new layouts and also plan to add an option to have unnumbered tour points. Here's a preview of what one of the new layouts might look like (with unnumbered points): On the Brink: the Sixth Great Extinction

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
TheaLemberger
New Contributor

Hello,

Has this been updated? 

0 Kudos