National Parks Service symbols

05-16-2016 11:13 AM
MarcusHolland
New Contributor

I would like to download the National Parks Services symbology to use in ArcGIS 10.3. In March 2012, there was a blog post on the ArcGIS Resources Styles page that included a link to the NPS styles. Updated NPS style | ArcGIS Blog  Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, the link no longer connects to the proper page. Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Yup it's gone. Message me thu Geonet with your email and I'll send you a copy. Esri, any chance this link could be restored? Map Symbols & Patterns for NPS Maps , the link is also dead there.....

0 Kudos
MarcusHolland
New Contributor

Thomas, thanks for the quick reply. I am brand-new to Geonet, but it appears that you must "follow" me in order for me to send you a message. Thus, could you "follow" me? Thanks again for your efforts.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Marcus,

You might want to try contacting Tom Patterson​ or Aileen Buckley​ (or whoever is in place of them).

0 Kudos
MarcusHolland
New Contributor

Adrian, I appreciate the response.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I wonder if between the built in "Public Signs style" and the "Forestry style"  marker symbol you can find all the symbols you need.  you may need to change the colors.

Might not be all of them.  You can view them in ArcMap -> Customize -> style manager.  It's a start, if the download link isn't restored.

MarcusHolland
New Contributor

Rebecca, thanks for the tips. I believe the vast majority of the symbols I will use are indeed located in the U.S. Forestry style set. However, I 've been told that there are a few symbols that are unique to NPS, and I wanted to check them out as well. I do appreciate your response.

0 Kudos
MarcusHolland
New Contributor

Thanks to everyone who responded to my original question. I took Adrian's advice and went straight to the source (i.e., the NPS) and got the stuff for which I was searching. Consider this issue resolved!

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Marcus,

I am glad to know that your issue is resolved. Did you get a new download link or did you just contact someone at NPS? Either way, can you post your solution here (or at least how you arrived at your solution)?

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

NPS is a aware of the link disappearing. Temporary download here.