ArcGIS Earth crashing

05-13-2016 01:17 PM
MikeGregotski
Esri Contributor

I've been using ArcGIS Earth for a couple months and it has performed great. Today though I can't use it without it crashing. Adding different data sources (Scene services, KML) that I've added before or just navigating cause it to crash.  I've tried uninstalling it, reinstalling it, repairing the install. I've tried going back to version 1.0 and I've also tried changing the 3D settings for my preferred graphics processor in my NVIDIA Control Panel.  None of this has resolved the crashing issue.  Does anyone have any suggestions on troubleshooting this type of problem?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Chris Andrews needs a flag on this one since he might have a better sense.  ps... don't esri staff have an internal bulletin board?  I alway find it amusing when esri staff posts questions on geonet  

0 Kudos
JasmineDu
Esri Contributor

I would suggest delete everything in C:\Users\userID\Documents\ESRI\ArcGISEarth. It should work.

0 Kudos
MikeGregotski
Esri Contributor

Thanks, this is a good suggestion.  In the end I found some Adware that got downloaded as part of some FTP software that was giving my system some grief.  I removed it and everything seems to be with Earth now.  I'll keep the suggestion in mind in case the issue returns.

0 Kudos