AnsweredAssumed Answered

Experience with Block Adjustment in ArcMap 10.3.1 and 10.4

Question asked by isaac.medelesri-es-esridist Employee on May 13, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 25, 2018 by hxu-esristaff

Hello,

I would like to know some possitive experience with this new capacity include since version 10.3. I tried to use in both versions 10.3 and 10.4 and I can't obtain good results.

The workflow seems easy and I have experience in other software without any problem.

I tried to use different kind of images like Worlview-3, Spot 6 and 7, GeoEye-1, and all cases my problems are the same.

I explain my problems and results to do the process.

- First I configure my Mosaic Dataset with 2 o 3 images (depend of the sensor), with and overlap about 10-30%, I include the geometric model, dtm, and so on. I tried using overview and without overviews.

- My first step is "Compute Tie Points", using several combinations in similitary, density and distribution and in all cases I obtain a buch of points locate in the overlap, but with many areas with any point. The bounch of point is similar to concentrate (grouped) in a square area. If I repeat the same process with the same paremeters the bounch change the area with the same patern. The quality is good but not cover all ther overlap area.

- When I compute a Control points I used a reference image with similar resolution an area, the results are very bad, very few points in bounch areas (in some case only 1 or 2 bunches of points, and bad referenced), with a very small cover of the Mosaic Dataset.

I tried to execute this tools in ArcGIS Pro 1.2 with same results, and my opinion a little more slow than ArcMap 10.4 in the same machine.

This solution could be very effective and killer in some clients that only work with imagery and need to do a simple block adjustment and have some pieces of the ArcGIS Platform.

If anyone have a good experience or a workflow thats works fine could welcome.

Thanks in Advance

Isaac

Outcomes