How does one change the symbol patch in a legend? (Pro 1.2)

Jump to solution
05-13-2016 01:14 PM
AndrewMcHalpine
New Contributor II

I looked all over for an answer to this with no luck. Maybe I just missed something. I'm trying to change the symbol patches in my legend. In the symbology tab or pane or whatever it's called, I choose the patch using the little drop down button underneath the preview window, but that doesn't seem to affect anything whatsoever. I'm just wondering what it is I'm missing. It's probably something simple, I'm sure. I can see where you alter the patch size in the legend, but nothing about actually changing what the patch looks like. thanks for any help y'all can provide!

-Andrew

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidBarnes
Occasional Contributor III

The legend patch shape? That functionality is not available in Pro yet. The shape in the preview when you are editing symbols/symbology is only for that preview window in that pane and has not bearing on the legend.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
DavidBarnes

The legend patch shape? That functionality is not available in Pro yet. The shape in the preview when you are editing symbols/symbology is only for that preview window in that pane and has not bearing on the legend.

AndrewMcHalpine
New Contributor II

Ah, ok. So basically I'm stuck with straight lines for streets and rectangles for city limits in a legend at the moment, then?

0 Kudos
MervynLotter

Hi David

Will it be available any time soon? Like Pro 1.3?

Thanks

0 Kudos
GilTavassy1
New Contributor II

Were any changes made about the subject in ArcGIS Pro 2.1?

DavidBarnes

I really wish I could say soon! Unfortunately it won't be in Pro 1.3, and I don't know when it will be there. It is definitely on our list to do at some point. One thing you guys can do is advocate for it. The more users who advocate for things the more leverage it gives us to get the resources to implement what you need. Just know that there are many things competing for resources.

AndrewMcHalpine
New Contributor II

Thanks Dave, appreciate your help with this. Hopefully it's something we'll see in the future!

DavidBarnes

Agreed!

0 Kudos
BugPie
by

Is this still really not possible at 2.1.3? 2.2 is released next week, I think, and chance it's going to be there? 

Or am I seriously overlooking something? 

RoseF
by
Occasional Contributor

Is this an option in the newer versions of Pro? I'm a little confused how this issue can be considered "solved" when the functionality of ArcMap isn't available in Pro. @DavidBarnes can you help?

0 Kudos