Custom Story Map template examples?

05-11-2016 06:15 AM
DavidChrest
Occasional Contributor II

This is a great example of a simple custom story map written with ArcGIS JS: Simple ArcGIS JavaScript Story Map Template – Ian Broad . Any others available?

Thanks so much,

David

0 Kudos
8 Replies
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Hey David,

I moved this question into the story map place, which might yield a quicker response.

Tim

0 Kudos
DavidChrest

OK, much thanks, Tim.

0 Kudos
BrandonPrice
Occasional Contributor

Has anybody ever added a basemap toggle feature in the story map series? I check the Disney France map last week and saw a google man and now I don't. Thanks in advance for any help on this. 

0 Kudos
BrandonPrice
Occasional Contributor

Has anybody ever added a basemap toggle feature in the story map series? I check the Disney France map last week and saw a google man and now I don't. Thanks in advance for any help on this. 

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Google person and basemap switcher button still present in Tim's customized Story Map Series: Impressions de France 

I recommend starting a new question in the forum if you want to discuss that cos this thread is older and more about from scratch custom designs rather than customizations of our out-of-the-box apps.

Rupert

TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Thanks Rupert for checking. The confusion might be because in the first map those two buttons aren't there. Once you start scrolling down, they will show up.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi David,

The Gallery on the Story Maps website has many examples of customized story maps:

Gallery | Story Maps - Custom Examples

We are thinking about creating a place where developers can share the code for their customization in the future, but until then we encourage developers to post their examples here on GeoNet to share them with the community.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
DavidChrest

OK, thanks. I was trying to find samples that are not tied into ArcGIS Online, but more just straight standalone apps like the one I mention above: Simple ArcGIS JavaScript Story Map Template – Ian Broad

This is great since all the code is in these files:

1) index.html

2) style.css

3) script.js

4) story.js

0 Kudos