Can't draw polylines, but can see their labels in ArcMap

05-06-2016 11:34 AM
LaurenDean
New Contributor

I'm having issues with drawing one particular shapefile. I haven't changed any queries or the file location, but after my ArcMap crashed, it's been unable to draw the polylines. I sent the MXD to my coworker and she had the same issue on a different machine. The strange thing is that I can get the labels to show up for each line in the layer, and some of the lines are drawing, but there are large gaps. I've done all the  troubleshooting I can find online, but since I didn't change anything about the file, I'm not sure what to correct. There's nothing unusual happening in the attribute table, everything is projected properly,  and I don't have a definition query.

Has anyone else seen this problem where you can turn on all  your labels but not the accompanying polylines?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
WesMiller
Regular Contributor III

Do you have some symbology set in the file? Make sure the <all other values> is checked.

LaurenDean
New Contributor

OP here. I'm not sure what the issue ended up being, but ArcMap just decided to start drawing all my lines again. I'm gonna write this one off as a side effect of esri

0 Kudos
AbdullahAnter
Occasional Contributor III

What happen when you try that layer on other machine? and what the difference?

0 Kudos