Offline Basemaps Issue

05-05-2016 12:29 PM
RonKnepper
Occasional Contributor II

Ok I know the GIS side and I am trying to assist one of our developers who is using the SDK for Android for a mobile app.  Most items are fine but I am trying to help him with the offline basemap tile portion.

We have the workflow (Create an offline map—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android | ArcGIS for Developers ) and are going through the runtime content process (Creating ArcGIS Runtime content—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop ) but running into a neverending issue of tiling out the basemaps as part of the content. Waiting on ESRI for support but figured I would try here.  The issue is no matter which basemap we select it says it is not supported, I know there are specific ESRI basemaps for export  (we are trying for World Streets for Export) but those give the same 00005 Layer not supported error.  Can someone help with this?  I know I can create a tile package online but need it as part of the runtime content.

As a side note, we would like to clip the basemap area to a county but even if we clip it to a rectangle extend or no clip we always get the error.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlexanderNohe1
Occasional Contributor III

I Ron Knepper​, we talked offline about this and we found that this is a known issue with ArcMap that is currently being examined.  We discussed loading it on the device via downloading it from REST and pushing it onto external storage.  We also mentioned the following sample which shows how to create tiles on the device.

Create Tiles on Device

https://github.com/Esri/developer-support/blob/master/runtime-android/create-tiles-on-device/MainAct...

0 Kudos
sanjeevsinha
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have also build a android app for offline editing. My app first download the street map from services and storing on the device.I will suggest you look at the example given for Offline Editing. You will see that in this example map are getting download on device. I have followed the same example and my app is successfully able to download the maptiles and or tpk

0 Kudos