Related tables chart widget- how to get the graphic location symbol to go away?

05-04-2016 12:35 PM
C_EHoward
Occasional Contributor III

The graphic location symbol for this widget seems to persist at its own rate-- how can I get the symbol to turn off? I only have one layer configured in the widget (so far). It does not seem to matter what I do (close widget, use another one, have search results, have no results)-- my symbol stays on the map.

I had my general settings set to 0 because i have no need to refresh my charts. I tried setting to 1 just for kicks but it does not seem to matter. I am mostly working in the builder mode, but the viewer mode also leaves this symbol on.

Is this a bug?

This widget is useful for my several large related tables but the symbol persisting will be confusion to users. I wish you could just use the widget without using the locator 'search'-- just pointing to a feature on the map. These 2 things would make this widget ideal (and I cannot say that about most widgets)

thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

C E,

I do not use the chart widget at all but looking at the code the temp graphics layer that is added to the map is cleared when you click the clear button (the clear button on the search widget).

When the widget is closed the temp GL is hidden (line 2 - 4):

onClose: function(){
        if(this.tempResultLayer){
          this.tempResultLayer.hide();
        }
        this._hideInfoWindow();
        this.drawBox.clear();
        this.preview.onClose();
        this.inherited(arguments);
      },

You can change it to use this._removeTempResultLayer() instead of the hide

0 Kudos
SergioCamargo
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
SergioCamargo
New Contributor II

Robert, 

Second question, why this widget (Related tables chart), change the symbology (the size of the symbology of the web map)

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sergio,

I mentioned earlier to the original poster that I don't use this widget at all so I am not very familiar with it.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think this is a bug.  The selected feature should be cleared after closing the Related Table Chart widget.  I hope this issue is resolved soon since it is a very nice widget to have on the Web map.

0 Kudos