Does ArcGIS Online Heat Map Symbolization Cost Credits?

Jump to solution
05-04-2016 12:19 PM
ClaibornPhillips1
New Contributor

Does using the heat map symbolization on ArcGIS
Online cost credits?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthewBaber
Esri Contributor

Hi Claiborn,

Symbolizing a point feature as "heat map" does not consume credits as it merely changes the visualization of the data using rather simple visual analysis. What I mean by this is there is no statistical formula dictating the range of values being considered for "hot" or "cold" areas. Performing the Hot Spot Analysis will consume credits; however, as it runs a statistical analysis on the backend that determines these values.

A lot of people use the terms interchangeably, but a "heat map" and a "hot spot map" are two different things.

I hope this answers your question!

Matt

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MatthewBaber
Esri Contributor

Hi Claiborn,

Symbolizing a point feature as "heat map" does not consume credits as it merely changes the visualization of the data using rather simple visual analysis. What I mean by this is there is no statistical formula dictating the range of values being considered for "hot" or "cold" areas. Performing the Hot Spot Analysis will consume credits; however, as it runs a statistical analysis on the backend that determines these values.

A lot of people use the terms interchangeably, but a "heat map" and a "hot spot map" are two different things.

I hope this answers your question!

Matt

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Claiborn,

For a list of what consumes credits and what does not, check out this page:

http://www.arcgis.com/features/plans/credits.html

0 Kudos
ClaibornPhillips1
New Contributor

Thanks Matt, that clears it up.  I’m familiar with the difference between the Getis-Ord Gi* analysis and simple point densities, but my concern was if whatever point density process AGO employs to construct the “heat map” option would consume credits.  The credits page only specifies “Spatial Analysis” under analytics so I was concerned said density process was counted as such.

Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos