Is it possible to save photos taken with Survey123 to the device?

Jump to solution
05-03-2016 02:30 PM
EricFord2
New Contributor II

I have several surveys that collected multiple (20+) photos using the "Repeat" option, but when trying to submit the survey I receive Error 400, even when on WiFi.  Is there a way to save the photos to the camera roll on the device that the survey was collected on?  This way they can be downloaded from the device manually and the survey submitted without photos?  Or any other solution to retrieve the photos from the device?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HannahFerrier
Occasional Contributor III

Yes, easy!

All photos for Survey123 are saved in the My Survey Attachments folder in the ~/ArcGIS folder.

On Windows, this is your C:/Users/<username>/ArcGIS/My Survey Attachments.

To copy from an iPhone, connect using iTunes, and use File Sharing to save the ArcGIS folder to your desktop:

itunes.PNG

Once on your desktop, you can browse to the My Survey Attachments folder.

On Android, browse to the Device Storage/SD Card folder and copy the My Survey Attachments folder to your desktop:

Screenshot_20160504-150124.png

Hope this helps,

Hannah

View solution in original post

2 Replies
HannahFerrier
Occasional Contributor III

Yes, easy!

All photos for Survey123 are saved in the My Survey Attachments folder in the ~/ArcGIS folder.

On Windows, this is your C:/Users/<username>/ArcGIS/My Survey Attachments.

To copy from an iPhone, connect using iTunes, and use File Sharing to save the ArcGIS folder to your desktop:

itunes.PNG

Once on your desktop, you can browse to the My Survey Attachments folder.

On Android, browse to the Device Storage/SD Card folder and copy the My Survey Attachments folder to your desktop:

Screenshot_20160504-150124.png

Hope this helps,

Hannah

EricFord2
New Contributor II

That worked great!  Thanks for helping us out!

0 Kudos