looking for a special widget

05-04-2016 01:19 AM
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

When testing Business Analyst Online I found it very comfortable to be able to select a number of attributes and select a range in these attributes by defining the lower and the upper limit as you can do for the visibility of a layer for example. Do you know what I mean?

Is such a widget available for a web app?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nicole,

The OTB Query widget and the custom eSearch widget both have the ability to define a range for numeric attributes and date queries.

Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks Robert! Will check them out!

0 Kudos
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

The OTB Query widget is already helpful but there are some features missing or I just don't understand well how to configure it better.

I have a couple of variables the user should be able to set ranges. I used the expression set to combine those values and say "All of the following expressions in this set are true" to get in the end the parcel that meets all requirements. In general that works fine but...

1) My user doesn't know the range of the values that are available. That's why I would find something like these sliders in the business analyst online very helpful:

2) Maybe one or two of the variables don't matter to my user. But in the Query tool for all variables a value is required. Even when I put unique values and one of the values is being blank it is not accepted as a choice. Thus it would be great if the user could decide not to use this variable either by just leaving it blank or by unselecting it like it is possible in Business Analyst.

Do you know of a widget that is getting closer to what I am looking for?

I have to admit that I'm very new to this field of (customized) widgets for the app builder. So here are two more things I would be interested in:

3) Is something like a cascading select possible in a widget? For example if the size is the most important variable, then for the other variables only those values should be available that match the desired size. Or if someone is looking for a plot in the Eastern Province then the other attributes should adjust accordingly to show only the available values for plots in the Eastern Province.

4) Could I do "drag and drop" for variables in a query window to set priorities for variables? Technically I mean. So if for one user the size is most important he would drag and drop it to the top of the list of attributes, if for another one the region is more important he could put this attribute to the top of the list.

Thanks for your ideas!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nicole,

Much of what you are looking for is not available. Your main option is to use WAB Dev and custom widgets that would support some of your list items.

1. There is no slider for this but you can specify a range for numeric and date fields.
  2. As I mentions in another thread this can be handled by a custom widget like eSearch but not the OTB query widget.
  3. There is no custom or OTB widget that supports cascading selects.
  4. I am not sure that this is necessary. When an SQL statement if built for the query that goes to the map service layer it doe not matter if one field is list before another field.
0 Kudos