Collector Date Field and iPhone

05-03-2016 06:37 AM
jaykapalczynski
Frequent Contributor

I noticed recently that an iPhone and Android handle the date field differently. 

Note:  These date fields are the ones that were created for editor tracking.

• Android:  I am able to modify the date and time.
  • iPhone:   I was only able to modify the date and NOT the time.

Is there a way to change this?  Where I can modify the time in this field like the android?

6 Replies
jaykapalczynski
Frequent Contributor

Anyone have any thoughts on this one?  Why cant I adjust the time on an iPhone but I can with an Android?

0 Kudos
PeteCrosier
Occasional Contributor III

Have you tried different formats when configuring the pop-up including your date / time field to see if all configurations are broken?

(^ in this window)

0 Kudos
peterNOTMEknoop
Occasional Contributor

In practice, we've found that only the first two formats seem to support both date and time entry across all three versions of Collector: iOS, Windows, and Android. (If it's mentioned in the Collector documentation somewhere, then we've missed seeing it...)

Once you've picked one of those two formats (m/d/y or d/m/y), then you are able to tick the "Show time" checkbox. (That checkbox is hiding under the drop-down list of formats in Pete Crosier's screen shot above.) You should see something like this in your Configure Attributes window after you select the row with your field, and select one of those formats:

And, checking the box, it becomes...

Now you should be able to pick a date and time in Collector on your iPhone.

0 Kudos
jaykapalczynski
Frequent Contributor

I know this is a stupid question...but where are you setting this?  AGO? 

0 Kudos
jaykapalczynski
Frequent Contributor

Wait think I got it....testing

0 Kudos
JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

I have just done a test webmap

The same map works with Date Time on Android Collector however on IOS only Date

Will log the call and move from there

0 Kudos