how do I register for the UC?

05-02-2016 12:43 PM
RichardOlivieri
New Contributor

I need to register for IUC but there seems to be nowhere to do it online - keeps sending to ne GeoNet?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Richard,

Have you gone to this website?

Registration | 2016 Esri User Conference

0 Kudos
RichardOlivieri
New Contributor

Thanks - I just found it after going back out to the main ESRI site and searching for "User Conference".

Everyone else here was also doing the same: choosing User Conference from the Community dropdown, then being redirected to a GeoNet UC page with no registration link.

When smart people tell me they can't figure out how to register, you may want to rethink the redirect to a page with no register button - I have about 60 people who just got authorized to attend...

Richard Olivieri, Contractor

Air Combat Command GeoBase Project Manager

HQ ACC Geospatial Information Office

AFIMSC Detachment 8 - Civil Engineering

114 Thompson Street

Suite 129

Joint Base Langley-Eustis, VA 23665-2291

DSN 312-574-4184 / Comm 757-764-4184

GeoBase Map Viewer – AF Portal: https://www.my.af.mil/accgeoprod/

GeoBase Map Viewer – .MIL: https://maps.acc.af.mil/

usaf.jble.acc-a7.mbx.acc-a7-geo@mail.smil.mil

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Richard,

Thanks for the input. I am tagging Timothy Hales​ on this since he is the administrator of this site. Maybe a 'register' button could be added to the Community > User Conference section.

TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor

We certainly do not want to mislead users, so thank you for your feedback. For now I have linked the main graphic on that page to the main User Conference page. Let me see what else we can do. Thanks!

cc:KC ShearerChristopher Catania

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

When I can't remember the full /events part of the URL, I just type "Esri.com/UC"  (any case, whith out the quotes ....iPad did autocorrect)  And it direct me to   2016 Esri User Conference (UC) June 27 - July 1 in San Diego

to to see to other available conferences, putting in esr.com/events   Should also get you there.

TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor

Richard Olivieri​ I want to thank you again for your feedback. I passed along some suggestions to the team that manages the mega menu at the top of our page. We have also made some changes to the User Conference​ space and have added links directly to the registration agenda pages.