How to select and delete multiple features in hosted service?

04-28-2016 12:38 PM
mattwilkie
Occasional Contributor III

Simple operation, probably has a simple answer, but I haven't been able to find it: In ArcGIS Online (for Orgs if it makes a difference) I have a hosted feature service for which I want to delete many records at once. How do I do that? Interactive method preferred. I don't want to dig into the REST api every time I need to do this.

I use "open with full editing control" from the service details page to add to a new map, then when I show table and shift click bottom and top of records I have many selected records, but [delete] key has no effect and mousing around I haven't found any control or menu item that looks like delete, or any kind of edit operation.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Matt,

In order to delete multiple records in a feature service, you will need to submit a request through the rest API. The following link is a sample, using ArcREST to perform this: ArcREST/delete_rows_from_service.py at master · Esri/ArcREST · GitHub

Or you can look into making direct rest calls using the apply edits call.

-Kelly

KyleBalke__GISP
Occasional Contributor III

Matt

You can work with hosted feature layers in ArcGIS Pro including the ability to select multiple records (interactive selection or select by attributes) and delete those records.

Best,

Kyle