Is there a way to filter a layer using the explorer or collector app?

Jump to solution
04-27-2016 02:12 PM
NickAlexandrou1
New Contributor III

I have a web map that I have created using AGOL. When I access the map through AGOL, I can filter specific layers to find the particular feature I am looking for. Is there a way to make this possible with the explorer or collector apps? I have employees who will be using this in field and will be told they need to check out a specific feature, and it would be nice if they could filter using the explorer app to find exactly where that feature is. I would make an application that allows this, but we don't have a hosted web server built yet for me to put the application on. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

You can create a feature search in a web and the apps can use that same search to locate a feature. There is no interactive filter in the apps yet. You can then route to that feature if you are connected.

Configure feature search—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

You can also use navigator then to get to your feature.

Integrate with Collector—Navigate | ArcGIS

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

You can create a feature search in a web and the apps can use that same search to locate a feature. There is no interactive filter in the apps yet. You can then route to that feature if you are connected.

Configure feature search—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

You can also use navigator then to get to your feature.

Integrate with Collector—Navigate | ArcGIS

NickAlexandrou1
New Contributor III

The link you provided didn't work, but I was able to find the webpage you were suggesting and that works well enough. Thanks very much! Hopefully we can get this web server built soon so I can start putting out some really nice applications for my field guys soon. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

updated the link, should work now.

NickAlexandrou1
New Contributor III

Great, thanks again

0 Kudos