config.json or config_MyWidget.json

Jump to solution
04-28-2016 03:45 AM
rizzolioestelle
New Contributor

Hi,

I've built a widget, in the Guide they tell to use the config.json file located in the widget folder (widgets/MyWidget/config.json)

But in my app, the config informations seems to be read from configs/MyWidget/config_MyWidget.json.

When i use the builder with my new widget and set diferents properties in the settings panel and then export the app, the modification are write in configs/MyWidget/config_MyWidget.json and not in widgets/MyWidget/config.json.

I'm a little bit confused, witch file should i use?

thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
As the widget developer you should add all your configuration parameters to the widgets config.json and once the widget is deployed it makes the copy of that json and places it in the config a folder once the user saves thief configuration of the widget.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
As the widget developer you should add all your configuration parameters to the widgets config.json and once the widget is deployed it makes the copy of that json and places it in the config a folder once the user saves thief configuration of the widget.

rizzolioestelle
New Contributor

ok thanks

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Don't forget to mark this thread as answered by clicking on the correct answer link on the reply that answered your question

0 Kudos