"There are no surveys shared" warning when there is in fact a survey.

Jump to solution
04-27-2016 03:42 PM
JenniferCasey1
New Contributor III

I published a survey.  I can see it on ArcGIS online and in Survey123 for ArcGIS ,  I can even see it on my iPad.  I am able to successfully send a survey using my iPad.  However when I go to download the survey to another device it says there "There are no surveys shared" with my user name.  This doesn't really make sense because 1) I am the owner of my survey. 2) I am using the same username and password as my iPad, 3) I am still able to send my data through my iPad and see the new test points on AGOL (even after signing in and out.)  I signed out on the iPad to see if it didn't like having the account in more than device, but this doesn't seem to do anything.  The reason is this is a big problem is because I am setting up the account for someone else and only downloaded to my device to check it.  Since sharing surveys is not reliable right now I am not really sure what next steps are.  Anybody have any thoughts?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JenniferCasey1
New Contributor III

I was sharing with everyone in AGOL once I changed it just to my organization it worked.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JenniferCasey1
New Contributor III

I was sharing with everyone in AGOL once I changed it just to my organization it worked.

Don_Barker
New Contributor III

This worked for me, too.  Undocumented gotcha.  Cmon,Esri....

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Don,

We are purposely not showing surveys that been shared with everyone- doing so will display *all* surveys that have been shared to everyone in ArcGIS Online.  We didn't support sharing surveys with everyone until this past fall; to support that the survey123.arcgis.com website provides links to share to your users as opposed to showing all surveys.  At our December 2016 (1.10) release, the author of a survey is able to view the survey inside the application, even if it is shared to everyone.

0 Kudos
Don_Barker
New Contributor III

James,

Thanks for this followup.

The problem was that there was no feedback to the survey author about why this was not showing up.  Nor documentation, as far as anyone of us could tell.  Thanks for confirming here that we figured it out on our own.

But I don't understand this:

>>At our December 2016 (1.10) release, the author of a survey is able to view the survey inside the application, even if it is shared to everyone.

I (the author) could not see my "shared with everyone" survey in the app last Friday.   So what got fixed in the Dec release?  Sorry if I'm overlooking something.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Don,

In looking in our development logs, this was addressed as part of the 1.10 release.  That being said, I am seeing the error you are with 1.10; it is showing correctly in the 2.0 beta release.

0 Kudos
Don_Barker
New Contributor III

OK, thanks. That makes sense. 

0 Kudos