Story is initializing. Thanks for waiting. (but never load)

Jump to solution
04-26-2016 02:11 PM
Mohd_Afiq_AzimMd_Darom
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am from Esri Tech Support. I am assisting a customer who has been unable to access the following story map of yours:

Title: Syria: Epicenter of a Deepening Refugee Crisis
URL: http://storymaps.esri.com/stories/2015/refugee-crisis/
Error: Story is initializing. Thanks for waiting. (However map story will never load)

Is there any alternative URL to access this story map? Would you mind providing us with some info on why the above mentioned story maps won't load.

Thanks & regards,

M.A.A

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for pointing this out M.M.A. We've retired that story but inadvertently left in the Story Maps Gallery and as a public item in ArcGIS Online. We'll remove it from the gallery and unshare the public item.

Rupert

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

doesn't load on Safari ... I presume you have ruled out browser issues. You have directed the question to GeoNet and not the publisher of the story BTW

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for pointing this out M.M.A. We've retired that story but inadvertently left in the Story Maps Gallery and as a public item in ArcGIS Online. We'll remove it from the gallery and unshare the public item.

Rupert

OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Also, that refugees story from 2015 was retired because we released a more current story about refugees: The Uprooted

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
Mohd_Afiq_AzimMd_Darom
New Contributor II

Hi Owen, thank you very much for the info!

0 Kudos