Symbols not Rendering if more than 100 records

Jump to solution
04-22-2016 06:39 AM
TiffanySelvidge1
Occasional Contributor III

I have a link in the infowindow that displays all sale records in a particular area. The link work fine if there are less than 100 records. If there are more than 100 records then nothing happens (user-view) when the link is clicked. In the code, clicking the link activates the function and the code goes through the steps until it reaches the esri layers feature layer function. Once at that step, the program just stops. No error is thrown; it just stops.

featureLayer10.selectFeatures(query, esri.layers.FeatureLayer.SELECTION_NEW, function (features) { //Selects and zooms to all sales and the subject account without changing the subject color
                //zoom to the selected feature
                var stateExtent = esri.graphicsExtent(features);

map.setExtent(stateExtent, true);
                salesextent = stateExtent;
            });

I have checked the config and common files and cannot find anything limiting the number of symbols to 100.

Is this a renderer limitation?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tiffany,

Download and deploy the proxy from GitHub - Esri/resource-proxy: Proxy files for DotNet, Java and PHP.  and deploy it to your web server using the instructions in the README.md  and or this blog

Setting up a Proxy | Support Services Blog

There is also instructions in that blog on code that needs to be added to your JS code.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tiffany,

What does your query.where look like for 100+ records? Sounds like you could be reaching the url string limit and you need to use a proxy to get past it.

0 Kudos
TiffanySelvidge1

Thank you for your response. I have been doing more research and had an initial contact with ESRI about the matter.

The url is extremely long for the 100+ records. Under that amount and the query uses 'Get'. Over the amount and it uses 'Post.

How would I go about using a proxy?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tiffany,

Download and deploy the proxy from GitHub - Esri/resource-proxy: Proxy files for DotNet, Java and PHP.  and deploy it to your web server using the instructions in the README.md  and or this blog

Setting up a Proxy | Support Services Blog

There is also instructions in that blog on code that needs to be added to your JS code.

TiffanySelvidge1

I have finished talking to ESRI about this problem and apparently it is a known bug for 10.2. For now I have set up statements in my code that limit the array size to 150. I adjusted the sql stored procedure to retrieve records ordered by date so the most recent ones will remain in the array. If the limitation becomes too much of a problem before the server is upgraded, then I will set up the proxy you have recommended.

0 Kudos