Is there a way to export obj's and shapes together on to a webscene?

04-22-2016 07:17 AM
EmmanuelJohn1
New Contributor

in my cej file I have several obj that haven't been converted to shapes. since I want to minimize the time spending on each building shape and converting it into a different format to be compatible for the export. I was just wondering if its possible to export both formats onto a webscene? because I have tried to do so, but my shapes come out with extra reflections or in other words deformed. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MicahTaylor
Occasional Contributor III

You should be able to export your Obj objects and City Engine shapes in the same scene.  Be sure you have both the obj and shape selected in the viewport....and that "Export Geometry" is set to "Models with Shape fallback".  Regarding the "extra reflections"...it sounds like maybe you have some double sided faces, culling issue, or a reflection set in your rule. Could you post a screenshot of the reflection you are referring to?

EmmanuelJohn1
New Contributor

Selected two features were exported using the same command, I have also tried to cleaning of shape by take out double faces same result, however I did take out the rule and then exported the features, which means your third hind was perfectly fine.

thanks for the help

0 Kudos
MicahTaylor
Occasional Contributor III

Your welcome!  It seems that the rule was extruding every face of your shape.  Was that block shape already a block when you brought it into city engine? or was it flat?

0 Kudos
EmmanuelJohn1
New Contributor

It was flat as a footprint i turned it into a block for testing purposes, and i must have forgot about that rule because i was experimenting with it a long time ago.

0 Kudos