AnsweredAssumed Answered

Hi, I am trying to generate a raster with the raster calculat and getting error 000539

Question asked by asaf.shnel on Apr 21, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 21, 2016 by asaf.shnel

Hi everyone, my name is Asaf and I am doing a GIS course, I have been trying to generate some rasters using the raster calculator but I get this error message: "error 000539: error running expression: rcexec () < type 'exceptions runtime error' > error 000732: input raster: Dataset C:/ Users......"

first, I used the raster layer "nav_dem_10m"(its an elevation raster) from the gdb file we downloaded from the course as the input to create a slope and aspect rasters using the spatial analyst tool> surface>slope/aspect.

second, I used the new slope raster to generate a raster with slopes grater than 20 degrees, using the raster calculator.

that went fine. But when I try to make a new raster showing only the westerly aspect, by using the raster calculator, I get the above error.

Here is what I type in the calculator: ("Aspect_nav_d1" > 225) & ("Aspect_nav_d1" < 315).

I get this error for other rasters I try to create with the raster calculator, for example if I try to make a raster showing only elevations around 150 meters using the mentioned above elevation raster "nav_dem_10m"

Here is the URL for this map document, it is publicly shared.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=0d1d560478a04bc8948a188c8c45c631

Thanks in advance, Asaf

Outcomes