esriAddIn not being created by VS 2013 & 10.4

Jump to solution
04-19-2016 12:06 PM
DaleShearer
Occasional Contributor

Hi,  I am upgrading from 10.3 to 10.4. so I am resetting the references and re-compiling all of my applications in VS2013.

I am not getting any errors but I am not getting the esriAddIn file when I compile.  Way back when I upgraded to
10.3 I had to go into the vbproj file and the set the
ESRI.ArcGIS.AddIns.targets to ESRI.ArcGIS.AddIns.11.targets.  Those are set.

The references are set to 10.4.0.0 and the application is set to the .NET Framework 4.5.

In the Config.esriaddinx the target version is set to 10.4.

Targets>

Target name="Desktop" version="10.4" />

Targets>

Any ideas?  Thank you for your time.  Dale,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I ended up figuring out my issue. I didn't notice that the name of the ESRI.ArcGIS.AddIns.Server.targets had been renamed ESRI.ArcGIS.Server.SDK.targets at some point between 10.1 and 10.4. I had to go into my CSPROJ file and update the name of the target.

Go out to your Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Esri folder and make sure your .target files match the ones referenced in your VBPROJ.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having a very similar issue, but with the .soe file instead of the .esriadding file. Same configuration.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I ended up figuring out my issue. I didn't notice that the name of the ESRI.ArcGIS.AddIns.Server.targets had been renamed ESRI.ArcGIS.Server.SDK.targets at some point between 10.1 and 10.4. I had to go into my CSPROJ file and update the name of the target.

Go out to your Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Esri folder and make sure your .target files match the ones referenced in your VBPROJ.

0 Kudos
DaleShearer
Occasional Contributor

I went to my Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Esri and the AddIns.target file is ESRI.ArcGIS.AddIns.target.  In the VBPROJ file (from 10.3) it was ESRI.ArcGIS.AddIns.11.target.  I removed the .11 from the three references and made sure the CSPROJ file was updating which it was.

I also found that the AddInTargetVersion was set to 10.3.  I changed it to 10.4

<AddInTargetVersion>10.4</AddInTargetVersion>

The esriAddIns are now being created.

This problem is resolved, thank you very much.

As always, on to the next problem.

When I go to run the add ins I get the following
invocation for COM objects requires event to be attributed with DispIDAttribute”

“Object or Application that generated Error:  System.Core.”

These sound like fun errors. 

I will be marking this post as answered and start a new post on the above errors.

0 Kudos