PopUp Info Window Question

Jump to solution
04-19-2016 12:24 PM
TimHayes1
Occasional Contributor III

What is the best way to get the PopUp Window to show up in Internet Explorer 10 Browser the same as in Firefox Browser.

Here is how the PopUp Info Window appears in Firefox (this is how I need it to appear in IE 10):

2016-04-19_12-17-39.jpg

Here is how the PopUp Info Window appears in IE 10:

2016-04-19_12-18-49.jpg

What bit of code would I need to modify?

thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tim,

I found an old laptop with IE10 and I am testing on it but the issue you are seeing with WAB using the mobile popup, I can only get that to happen when I have the browser window shrunk down from the full window size (which is whats suppose to happen as WAB is built using a responsive design and the auto switch from the standard popup to the mobile popup is the norm.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
TimHayes1

I just upgraded to IE 11. Still getting the same results. Has anyone else had this happen?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tim,

Do you see this issue when using my live preview site?

http://gis.calhouncounty.org/WAB/V1.3/widgets/PopupPanel/

0 Kudos
TimHayes1

I tried this:

I opened the live preview site in IE 11 on work PC and home PC. Both showed the same results here:

2016-04-19_15-24-27.jpg

I opened the live preview site in Firefox and Chrome on my work PC and home PC. Both showed the same results here, which I believe is the way the widget is supposed to work:

2016-04-19_15-27-34.jpg

My conclusion is it must be some IE 11 setting. Not sure which setting. When I installed IE 11 it was all default, nothing customized.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tim,

I found an old laptop with IE10 and I am testing on it but the issue you are seeing with WAB using the mobile popup, I can only get that to happen when I have the browser window shrunk down from the full window size (which is whats suppose to happen as WAB is built using a responsive design and the auto switch from the standard popup to the mobile popup is the norm.

TimHayes1

Robert! I think you are right.

Here is my setup:

I started noticing the problem when I was working with the WAB DE 2.0 using my Tablet which was Remote Desktop into my work PC. Then, I Remote'd into my home PC via my Tablet still had the same problem in IE.

Now, I had my coworkers try it on their desktop PCs. The PopUps work normal, no problems.

Then, I did the same on my work desktop PC, no tablet. All is good.

I must admit that this mobile popup thing threw me off since it only was happening in IE and not Chrome or Firefox.

I wonder if there is a way around this. But, it will not cause me any problems. Just have to remember to avoid it in the future.

The problem is fixed now. Thank you, Robert.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tim,

In my 2.0 version of the Popup Panel I will prevent it from switching to the mobile popup at all when using the popup panel widget.

TimHayes1

Robert, you are awesome!

0 Kudos