PopUp Custom Widget issue in IE 10

Jump to solution
04-19-2016 10:08 AM
TimHayes1
Occasional Contributor III

I am using Web AppBuilder Developer Edition 2.0.

I have created an app, successfully launched it, then downloaded it to my local server machine.

When I view it in Firefox Browser the Robert's PopUp Custom Widget works perfect.

When I view it in IE 10, the PopUp Custom Widget does not seem to work like it does in Firefox. Actually, in IE, the PopUp does not seem to function at like it should.

Refer to the attached screenshots for what I mean.

Here is the PopUp Custom Widget behavior in Firefox:

PopUpWidgetinFirefox.jpg

Here is the PopUp Custom Widget behavior in IE 10:

PopUpWidgetinIE10.jpg

Any ideas on a solution?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimHayes1

Disregard this question. I found I have no need to use Robert's PopUp Custom Widget. I am using the standard popup from inside the LocalLayer Widget.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
TimHayes1

Disregard this question. I found I have no need to use Robert's PopUp Custom Widget. I am using the standard popup from inside the LocalLayer Widget.

0 Kudos
TimHayes1

But, still getting the same results. Odd. Is there a snippet of code I need to change to get the PopUp InfoWindow to automatically open when a feature is clicked on inside IE 10 Browser?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tim,

I don't have access to IE 10 anymore and when I run IE 11 in 10 mode I do not see the issue that you are seeing, with it using the mobile version of the popup.

0 Kudos
TimHayes1

I will upgrade to IE 11. I will let you know what happens.

0 Kudos
TimHayes1

Robert,

I upgraded to IE 11. I am still seeing the same issue. Seems the graphic window in the PopUp requires an extra step to open in the PopUp Info Window when using IE 11. Requiring my users to go through that extra step, then a window opens that blocks everything on the map would be be very annoying to them. Unfortunately, we use IE 11. I am at a loss as to what could be wrong. I wonder if others are having the same issue?

Here is what I am still getting in IE 11:

2016-04-19_12-18-49.jpg

But, in Chrome and Firefox I get this, this is the way it should look in IE 11:

2016-04-19_12-17-39.jpg

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tim,

WAB will automatically switch to the mobile popup when the screen size is determined to be better suited for the mobile popup. Do you happen yo be tesing on a tablet or mobile device?

TimHayes1

Yes, I am.

I switched over to my desktop PC and it works now. No problem.

Thank you, Robert!

0 Kudos