AnsweredAssumed Answered

How can I get rid of the digit separator (comma thousands separator) in Attribute Inspector

Question asked by Jessedosborne on Apr 18, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 19, 2016 by thejus.kambi

I have a web-editing app (v3.16) using the attribute inspector for editing features. In the attribute inspector popup window, there is an attribute field called ‘Time_Manual’; it is a data type ‘long’ integer and the problem is that the attribute inspector is auto-formatting with a comma as a thousands-separator. When opening the popup, the editable field is showing a comma as a thousands-separator (e.g. 8,413 instead of 8413) but when clicking the field (in focus) the comma goes away.

I am trying to get rid of the comma separating thousands-separator all together so that it never displays (in or out of focus) but haven’t had any luck. I don’t even really understand how the formatting is being done and was wondering if you could shed some light on the matter. Here’s a snippet from the code containing the array that’s being passed in. In it, I’m trying to convert the value to a string but it doesn’t seem to affect the display (not sure if this is the best way of going about it...)

var editorLayerInfos = [
    {
        'title': "TSM Cell {USNG}",
        'featureLayer': cellFeatureLayer,
        'showAttachments': false,
        'isEditable': true,
        'fieldInfos': [
            { 'fieldName': 'USNG', 'label': 'USNG', 'isEditable': false, 'tooltip': "", 'visible': true },
            { 'fieldName': 'SEC_NAME', 'label': 'Sector', 'isEditable': false, 'tooltip': "", 'visible': true },
            { 'fieldName': 'STA_NAME', 'label': 'Station', 'isEditable': false, 'tooltip': "", 'visible': true },
            { 'fieldName': 'Time_Auto', 'label': 'System Generated Time (mins)', 'isEditable': false, 'tooltip': "", 'visible': true },
            { 'fieldName': 'Time_Manual', 'label': 'User-Specified Time (mins)', 'isEditable': true, 'tooltip': "Enter a value between 12 - 1,440", 'visible': true, 'stringFieldOption': 'textbox' },
            {
                'fieldName': 'Dest_Manual', 'label': 'User-Specified Destination', 'isEditable': true, 'tooltip': "Enter an existing destination name", 'visible': true, 'format': {
                    'integer': function () {
                        this.toLocaleString();}
                }}
        ]
    }
];

attInspector = new AttributeInspector({
    layerInfos: editorLayerInfos
}, domConstruct.create('div', { style: 'height: ' + 9000 }));

Outcomes