This question is about how to add logic in ArcGIS Online to fields that are populated by application, not by data entry.
I was able to create in ArcGIS Online a Web Mapping Application that has only one layer. The layer is a feature service pointing to SDE in a versioned environment. The layer is a polygon.
The ArcGIS Online web mapping application works fine. It allows to digitize a new feature polygon and populate its attributes.
My question is about how pre-populate some attributes with default values such as:
- Date Created, Date when record was created
- CreatedBy, Editors User ID
- DateModified, Date when record was modified for the last time
- ModifiedBy, Editors User ID
- PrimaryKeyID, populated with a sequential number, obtained from a sequencer in Oracle
- Other fields like municipality or commission district that are populated with the value of the Municipality or Commission district where this polygon intersects
For desktop applications I solved this issue creating an ArcMap Add-In.
In the old Web ADF I solved this issue using the event:
- Protected Sub EditorTask1_PostToolExecute(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal editorToolEventArgs As EditorToolEventArgs) Handles EditorTask1.PostToolExecute
I would like to know how to do that with Web AppBuilder