Survey123-Survey can't be "finished"

04-15-2016 02:00 PM
deleted-user-wgzH2d-p_0_f
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have created a survey using Survey123 and have it published and everything.  I tried it out on my phone (Android, Motorola G, version 5.1) and it worked smoothly, and then tried it out on my new Lenovo TAB 2 (Android, 5.1), and I can't submit the form.  I can fill it out and close out of it, but I can't save the form for later or finish it.

Anyone know what might be happening?

thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
JaredGrondin
New Contributor III

Hello and thanks for posting your question!  Can you tell me if this issue happens for all surveys that you have created or just the one survey that you mentioned in your original post?  For example, if you create a very simple survey with just a couple of text questions, does the same issue happen for you on your Lenovo TAB 2?

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Any thoughts?  I'm needing this pretty quickly, as we're doing a project demonstration in a week and a half.  I appreciate any thoughts/insight you may have.

Ismael Chivite

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Thanks for responding!  I have created a new survey--and it does the same thing.  I first added 3 text fields and an integer field, and that worked on my phone but not the Lenovo TAB 2, and then I removed the integer field and it still didn't work on the tablet.

So, since I didn't have two forms on the device, I didn't notice this next bug: whenever I tap on the form icon I want to fill out, a form opens, but it's not always the one I want to fill out--that is, the other form opens most of the time, and after about 3-4 tries, I can finally get the correct form to open.

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Annina,

Myself and another colleague at Esri UK experienced your second bug, perhaps it's worth opening a new discussion?

Carmel

MarikaVertzonis
Esri Regular Contributor

The second issue you described is known, but we don't have a fix for that yet (frankly we still don't have it 100% reproducible).

Focusing on the main part of this thread - I don't have the exact device you describe but I have a Lenovo Tab 5.0.1 and other 5.1.1 Android devices (Sony Xperia and Nexus 7) and can successfully submit forms on each of them. Can you describe more about your sentence 'I can fill it out and close out of it, but I can't save the form for later or finish it.'

- when you press the check mark in the bottom corner do you get the 'Survey Completed' dialog box?

- If you click 'Send Now' what happens?

- If you click 'Send Later' what happens?

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Marika:
Thank you for responding--I hate to put short time frames on projects, but Survey123 is perfect for this and I don't want to have to create a fillable PDF form instead!

I can download and open my form on my Lenovo TAB 2, and I can fill everything out (parts are a bit slow, but I can be patient).  When I'm ready to submit, I tap the check mark in the lower right of the screen and nothing happens.  I've waited a bit to see if it's just 'thinking,' but nothing happens--the form just stays on the screen and doesn't get submitted.  So, I tried to close out of the form by hitting the 'x' in the upper-left part of the screen, and it gives me three options:

Close this survey and lose changes

Continue this survey

Save this survey in Drafts

I can close the survey and lose changes no problem, I can continue the survey (it brings me back to the survey), but nothing happens when I tap Save this survey in Drafts (the three options just stay on the screen and to do anything I have to close the survey and lose changes).

I also have a Motorola G running 5.1 and I can successfully "Send Now" on that device--I haven't ever gotten to the point on my Lenovo to "Send Now" or "Send Later."

Thanks,

annina

0 Kudos
JaredGrondin
New Contributor III

Annina,

I have not seen this issue myself, but I noticed a similar issue where nothing would happen when a certain button was pressed.  Can you tell us what orientation you are holding your device (portrait or landscape) when collecting answers?  Does your behavior change if you change the orientation of your device?

Regards,

Jared G.

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Jared,

I mainly use landscape on my device, but I tried collecting data in portrait and I still have the same issue.

Annina

0 Kudos
ShannonWatkins
New Contributor

Hi Jared,

I am also unable to send the results of a survey with my Android phone. For me, it happens with a survey of about 85 questions (and two geopoints - one in a repeat at the end). I do not have this problem with small test surveys.

I can load the survey (it takes 9 seconds) and select answers.

When I click on the check mark to send the answers (bottom right) nothing happens. This happens regardless of the number of questions I've answered. I am able to continue navigating in the survey (it does not freeze).

When I click on the X (upper left) to close, I also see the three options (close, continue, save). I can close or continue with no issue. If I click save, the button gets a shadow, but nothing else happens. I have to either select close or continue.

I use portrait on my device.

Thanks,

Shannon Lea

0 Kudos