Build more than one app with different layers in WAB Dev Edition 2.0

Jump to solution
04-15-2016 07:42 AM
TimHayes1
Occasional Contributor III

I have successfully installed the Web AppBuilder Developer Edition 2.0. I have added Robert's Widgets (and some of Larry's too). I have successfully built my first app (much easier than I expected, once you get the hang of it, it's easier than Flex). This app references an AppID in the signoninfo.json.

Question:

I need to build 6 different apps all with different layers. I can duplicate the app I created in the WAB inside the Developer Edition GUI, but how do I remove/add layers?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tim,

The layers are controlled by the Web Map unless you are using the Local Layer widget. So just go to your AGOL account and make a new web map for each project.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tim,

The layers are controlled by the Web Map unless you are using the Local Layer widget. So just go to your AGOL account and make a new web map for each project.

TimHayes1

Thanks, Robert. I will give this a try.

0 Kudos
TimHayes1

I think I figured it out. For each app (with different layers than the other apps I have), I will need to create new WebMap in AGOL, this will allow me to generate a new AppID.

So, I have 2 WebMaps I created in AGOL. WebMap1 and WebMap2. Each has different layers. Each has a unique AppID.

Next, I would install 2 copies of the Web AppBuilder Developer Edition 2.0 in separate folders on my local drive. Let's say I name each folder, FolderX and FolderY. Each contains a separate install of WAB Dev Edition 2.0.

Each WAB install would reference a different AppID.

If I wanted to add/remove layers from WebMap1, I would do this in AGOL, then I would open the WAB in FolderX to make any further adjustments; if I wanted to add/remove layers from WebMap2, I would do this in AGOL, then I would open the WAB in FolderY to make any further adjustments.

OR

BEFORE I open the WAB Dev Edition 2.0, I would go into the signininfo.json and swap the AppID which references WebMap 1 with WebMap 2, and vice-versa. Is this possible? (this approach means I would not have to install 2 completely separate installations of WAB on my computer)

0 Kudos
MichaelMiller2

You do not need to create a new appID for each app. You only need to supply that when you initially configure WAB Developer.